Hanukkah begins on December 12th this year and Christmas magic sprinkles across the world in a few short weeks…Are you someone who has their holiday shopping complete? Or are you known as the “gift procrastinator”? While Checkexpress is your one stop community currency exchange helping with your personal or business financial services, we want to save you time and money this holiday season as well!.
Choosing the right holiday gift for someone is a challenge. How well do you know them? Would they have already bought it themselves? What if they need to return it to the store? Do-It-Yourself (DIY) gifts are quite popular. Handmade gifts are personal, unique, crafted with love and economical.
- Beard Oil: Fast and fantastic! Dr. Axe shares his simple and amazing beard oil recipe that has that special man’s beard feeling smooth and healthy. The key ingredients are Jojoba oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, sandalwood oil, and a small bottle with an eye dropper or cap. Excellent for all of the important men in your life because it works for hair as well. This is a major holiday gift this season!
- Bath Salt Ornaments: These adorable and colorful ornaments have a dual purpose. Once the holiday celebration is over, these DIY Bath Salt Ornaments will help heal and comfort your cherished and overworked women. You just need a few supplies you likely already have around the house: Epsom Salt, sea salt, baking soda, peppermint essential oil, food coloring and Christmas light ornaments.
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix in a Jar: this is so cute and easy! Perfect for all the children (and kids at heart) in your life, after all, who doesn’t love a nice cup of hot chocolate after a long day playing in the snow? Grab some mason jars which are very affordable, your favorite hot cocoa mix, a bag of mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, Andes peppermint crunch baking chips, a box of candy canes and you are all set! Jazz it up by layering everything so it is colorful! (Our favorite holiday gift!)
- Super fast (5min): Hit the Dollar Store and buy an oven mitt, small candle, tissue paper, ornament, beverage napkins and ribbon. The oven mitt will be the “bag” to hold the items. The ribbon and ornament will go around the oven mitt. Everything else inside. This is a cute gift that is also very practical and affordable. Who doesn’t need an oven mitt or a new candle anyway?
- Festive Polka Dot Mugs are easily created in minutes! Pick up white ceramic mugs and red, green, blue or black sharpies. Draw your own polka dots all over the cups and let it dry. Add a few cocoa packets or tea bags and you have the perfect gift for a cold winter night!