Love is in the Air in Chicago…
We see hearts, flowers and chocolate advertised on social media as well as in the print advertising in our mailboxes. School kids get excited to see who might be their special valentine, significant others are dropping hints and even the idea of love and romance gets laughed at amongst our single friends.
Checkexpress loves our customers! Here are some very special ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank…
Sharing Your Love Together:
- Skating with your Sweetheart – Whether you choose the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink at Millenium Park or rooftop skating at The Pen, hot chocolate is a must afterwards!
- Recommended hot chocolate hot spots: Chocolate at the Pen, Bombo Bar, Hot Chocolate, and The Bassment
- Head over to King Spa in Chicago. A 24 hour spa and sauna oasis allowing you to cleanse, purify and refresh. Based on Korean philosophy, Jjim-Jil Bang, which enables relaxation and entertainment. While this place is amazing for couples, it is also family friendly so no worries if you are unable to book a babysitter for the evening. Great deals are often offered on Living Social, Groupon and their site.
Looking For Love:
- Spinning with Singles on the Centennial Wheel at Navy Pier
- Celebrate National Ferris Wheel Day and Valentine’s Day with local singles ages 21 and over for a fabulous one-of-a-kind love connection! Ride the iconic 200-foot ferris wheel, meeting new people at every rotation and then continue dockside aboard the private yacht, Chicago Elite with dance music by DJ Lovebug, open bar and food. Click here for more details.
- Don’t miss Prismatica launching at Polk Bros Park at Navy Pier! A magical splendor of 25 pivoting prisms standing over six feet tall creating a giant kaleidoscope. This interactive art installation will delight and amaze visitors as they are able to move the prisms in such a way to vary the light source, color and enjoy the accompanying soundtrack of incredible bell sounds. This free exhibit in partnership with Quartier des Spectacle and RAW Design will run 2/17-4/15/18 with the public grand opening on 2/16/18 which will serve hot chocolate!