Checking out all that Chicago has to offer doesn’t have to mean blowing your entire budget. One of the greatest things about Chicago is how much you can do for free or at a reduced cost. We collected some of the best money-saving hacks for students, families and seniors who enjoy a good deal as much as they enjoy exploring the city. Are you ready to SAVE while having FUN?
Serious Savings for Students
- Soak up culture and save $11 off general admission tickets at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- If you’re into classical music, enjoy free or reduced admission concerts at Ravinia.
- Every Thursday is discount day for students at AMC Theatres!
Free Fun for Families
- It’s a free for all every Thursday from 5 pm – 8pm and the first Sunday of the month at Chicago Children’s Museum.
- Lincoln Park Zoo is free and open to the public every day of the year!
Super Deals for Seniors
- Walgreen’s makes it worthwhile for customers age 55 and older to shop on the first Tuesday of the month with a 20% discount on all in-store merchandise!
- Looking for a place to spend the night in the city after a night on the town? Check out this list of Chicago hotels offering the best senior discount rates.
Something for Everyone
All summer long Chicago offers free music for every taste, from the classical music performances of the Grant Park Music Festival to the genre-defying lineup of the Millennium Park Summer Music Series.
Chicago on the Cheap provides a comprehensive listing of free and cheap things things to do. The site also gives you access to money-saving coupons and valuable resource guides that recommend the most economical ways to experience the city.
You’ll also find a wide range of deals to explore on the Chicago Traveler website, with the added benefit of reader ratings and reviews to help steer you in the right direction.
Tourists and Chicago residents alike will enjoy scenic views of the city as well as savings on a Shoreline architecture river tour. Get $5 off every adult ticket and $3 off children’s tickets!
And before leaving home, don’t forget to check Groupon, the company that began the digital coupon trend, for a wide variety of deals.