Love is in the air Chicago. Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart, your friends, or solo we want you to enjoy the best at every budget!
Checkexpress loves our customers! Here are some very special ways to celebrate Valentine’s Days without breaking the bank…
Fun on a Low Budget:
If you’re saving money but still want to enjoy your Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank, we have a few ideas for you…
- Skating with your Sweetheart – Choose the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink at Millennium Park.
- Stop and Smell the Flowers at the Chicago Botanic Garden Orchid Show – Enjoy the orchid show after hours, Thursday evening from 4 – 8 p.m.
- Enjoy a cozy ride at Navy Pier Centennial Wheel
- Hot chocolate is mandatory to make it through a Chicago winter! Recommended hot chocolate spots – Firecakes, Bombo Bar, Hot Chocolate and The Heart of Europe Café.
Choose a dinner spot you both like! It might be your favorite café, sushi spot, or somewhere you’ve been dying to try. Now is your chance to make the reservation before tables fill up.
- Share fondue at Lincoln Park’s Geja’s Café or suburban fondue restaurant, The Melting Pot.
- If you’re looking for a new sushi restaurant to try, check out the three locations offered by Blufish or Japanese inspired restaurant in West Town, Chicago Yuzu Sushi & Robata Grill.
- Toast to an elegant, tasty and hands-on experience by signing up for a couples cooking class! Fill your hearts and stomachs with this special Valentine’s Day Cooking Class.
If Money is No Object:
- Treat yourself to a spa experience at Aire Ancient Baths. This is not your typical spa day. AIRE offers ancients baths inspired by Roman, Greek and Ottoman tradition.
- Enjoy dinner with a view! Cruise through the breathtaking views that the Chicago River has to offer with a Valentine’s Day dinner cruise. All aboard the Odyssey Valentine’s Cruise or the Spirit Valentine’s Day Cruise.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – Downtown Chicago is celebrating Valentine’s Day with dinner and dancing! Prepare to be swept off your feet by the one you love. Dinner will be buffet style featuring a dessert table!
If you want to avoid the crowds, plan to celebrate post Valentine’s Day at Navy Pier for Prismatica! This free exhibit will run from February 17, through April 15. Stop by and experience a new interactive art installation comprised of 25 pivoting prisms more than six feet tall!