This holiday season, no need to feel like a scrooge by trying to save money on your holiday shopping! Checkexpress is going to make your holiday season MUCH merrier by helping you focus on the people you love vs. solely on how much you’re spending on them. According to the Chicago Tribune: “The average American adult spends approximately $800 on holiday shopping every year!” Most of us find ourselves feeling the holiday blues once the bills start rolling in.
Overspending can be an issue if you are carrying too much cash or credit cards while out shopping. A good way to prevent this type of overspending is by using one of our Prepaid Debit Cards! How do our Prepaid Debit Cards work? We sell and load Green Dot Prepaid Debit Cards at Checkexpress! Using our services, you can:
- Obtain a new debit card
- Load funds on an existing debit card
- Experience the convenience of a credit card without the bills
- Use it wherever VISA is accepted
- Have peace of mind with FDIC insurance
There’s an App for That!
Did you know there are certified online coupons and apps specifically made for saving consumers money during the holidays? You can use your prepaid debit cards on these apps without fear of losing sensitive information or money. BONUS: You get to avoid long lines and crazy crowds by shopping in the convenience of your home! Here are a few helpful lists of the best coupons and saving apps….
- Best Coupon Apps for Androids – Sometimes Droids get left out with cool apps only being on iPhones. Why should Apple have all the fun stuff? These Android apps will help you locate sales and nice discounts on name brand gifts!
- Apps/Coupons for Christmas Shopping – Top nine Christmas shopping apps to help save your money and sanity this year!
- Black Friday Saving Apps – Help with tasks as varied as budgeting, managing wish lists and monitoring deals. Here are NerdWallet’s recommendations for seven of the most useful free apps for Black Friday and holiday shopping!
Bring on the Shopping!
For those of us who enjoy the experience of walking around and taking in the sights while shopping, we have found some local deals for you:
- Best places to shop for holiday gifts in Chicago: Ask almost anyone where to go shopping when you visit Chicago and you’ll likely be directed to the Magnificent Mile which does offer some great shopping if you’re in the market for national and international brands. However, if you want to get into the heart of Chicago’s retail scene, venture into Chicago’s neighborhoods where you’ll find loads of handmade and local finds that will make anyone on your Christmas shopping list thrilled to receive. ”This gives a great list of great affordable places to shop downtown Chicago.” – USA Today.
- Holiday deal shopping: “It may be the beginning of November, but if you’re not already thinking about holiday shopping, it’s time to start. We’ve found items on sale that would make great presents for the various people on your list (or for yourself), so get yourself in the gift-giving mindset with this list of deals that will be suitable for tech-lovers, parents, pet owners, home chefs, and everyone else.” – Chicago Tribune
- Guide to shopping in Chicago: “Find the best shopping in Chicago, no matter who’s on your holiday gift list, with this year’s holiday shopping guide. From outlet malls in the Chicago suburbs to shopping in downtown Chicago, there’s plenty to find for label lovers and bargain hunters alike.” – Choose Chicago
Need a Little More Guidance?
Still feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of shopping while saving? We have other helpful blogs from Christmas past that might be helpful…
- Your guide to finding the perfect gift!
- 5 great stress free gift giving ideas on a budget!
- Finding awesome gifts at one of our locations! We offer credit card cash advances, all check cashing, prepaid phone and calling cards, debit cards and money transfers to loved ones across the miles. Vital services when you need us.
We hope these tips will help you and your family have less stress this holiday season so you can enjoy giving each other thoughtful gifts and spending time together! Do you have some holiday shopping strategies of your own? Share with us on Facebook!